Coming to Raja Ampat is an adventure and we want to make sure its worthwhile. We updated this page with details information how to get here as a guidance and your travel to remote island is not burdensome.
How to get here
There are no direct international flights to Raja Ampat. Typically this is what you will need to do;
- Make your way to Sorong, West Papua. Recommended hub are Jakarta (CGK), Ujung Pandang (UPG), or Manado (MDC).
- Book a domestic flight to Domine Edward Osok airport (SOQ), Sorong.
- Public ferry Sorong – Waisai available everyday except national religious holiday Eid Fitri, Christmas, and New Year. Please see below schedule.
- Ferry Sorong – Waisai takes 1,5 hours each way.
- The last leg of your journey, from Waisai you will be transfer to Daroyen Village via speedboat or longboat.
We recommend Sriwijaya Air, Nam Air, Batik Air and Garuda airline for the domestic tickets. These airlines have very few delay.
Direct flight Jakarta – Sorong is available with Nam Air (Sriwjaya Air), Garuda airline, Batik Air, and Lion Air. Unfortunately, there are no direct flight from Bali yet as these moment.
Air Asia have just announced new direct route Jakarta – Sorong at competitive rates. First flight on September 2, 2019. As of today writing (25/07/19) Jakarta – Sorong flight will be available on every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Return flight Sorong – Jakarta available on every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
|Day||Sorong – Waisai||Waisai – Sorong|
|Monday – Friday||9:00 AM & 2:00 PM||9:00 AM & 2:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM & 2:00 PM||9:00 AM & 2:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:00 AM & 2:00 PM||9:00 AM & 2:00 PM|
Ferry service may not available on national holiday. If your return to Sorong late afternoon and you need to spend one night in Sorong before leaving, we recommend to to book a hotel on the day you arrive in Sorong.
Early morning ferry 9:00 AM from Waisai arrive around 10:45 AM. In order to fly out Sorong the same day, we recommend to book flight out of Sorong around 11:30 AM or later. This will give you flexibility in case of ferry delay and still have enough time for boarding.